You'll be pleased to discover the delightful range of experiences that are within a short, scenic drive from Stepping Stone. The map highlights some of the focal points in our area (Stepping Stone is the yellow pin near the center), or you can scroll down for a list and links to many of the attraction websites.
View Stepping Stone Farm B&B Nearby Attractions in a larger map
- Great Allegheny Passage / Allegheny Trail Alliance (1 m) Nearly 200 miles of continuous bicycle/hiking trail; from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC; follows the old B&O Railroad bed and the C&O Canal. Our favorite segment is the 20 miles roundtrip from Confluence to Ohiopyle.
- Confluence, PA (3 m) and the middle Youghiogheny River - Riversport is our local outfitter for raft and kayak trips on the Youghiogheny and Casselman rivers.
- Youghiogheny River Lake and Dam (3 m) - swimming, boating, fishing, hiking, and camping
- Rafting the Youghiogheny River - Wilderness Voyaguers and Riversport School of Paddling
- Lower Humbert Covered Bridge (3 m) - plus 10 others in Somerset Co.
- Fallingwater (19 m) and Kentuck Knob (16 m) - Homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Braddock's Grave (19 m) - Final resting place of Major General Braddock.
- Fort Necessity National Battlefield (20 m) - Site of the opening battle of the French and Indian War.
- Laurel Caverns (25 m) - Pennsylvania's largest cave.
- Penn Alps and Spruce Forest Artisans Village and the Amish (20 m) - Mennonite Communities of Springs, PA and Grantsville, MD.
- Springs Farmers' Market - the largest Amish farmers' market in the area, open May 22 through September 11.
- Mt. Davis (11 m)- Hike, picnic, or climb the observation tower at the highest point in Pennsylvania.
- Resorts - skiing, golf, water slides, miniature golf, dining, etc.
- Numerous opportunities to bargain/treasure hunt within the area, especially along Old US Route 40, the original National Highway, or on your way to an activity.